Iv.] EDUCATION. 243
(9) " Living in a house where there were many interests, and going thence to a day-school, where there were other and different ones."
MERITS IN EDUCATION : A LITTLE SCIENCE AT
(1) "Only one good thing; that was object lessons, though given badly and only for a short time."
(2) "All the merits [of my schooling] I attribute to a little elementary physics and chemistry, taught me between the ages of 7 and 13."
(3) "Science taught me at school between the ages of 11 and 16."
MERITS IN EDUCATION : SIMPLE THINGS WELL
(1) "Clear, neat, and intelligible writing, accurate spelling, and simple computation."
(2) " Was very well grounded in arithmetic at school."