u.] QUALITIES'. 115
3. "Great power of remembering forms and points of objective interest ; none of numbers or abstract arguments. Languages, poetry, &c., soon lost if not kept up."
4. " Strong local memory especially of scenery."
5. " Very good memory for ideas and general notions, also of persons and places seen ; verbal memory not at all good. Mother- Good memory."
6. " Great memory for faces and objects once seen."
7. " A good memory for faces, for locality, for things, for events, for scientific facts ; but not particularly good for figures or quantities, except in all necessary routine, as in prescribing and in subjects of lecture. Never failed to recall what I desired, in my lectures.
"Father---An excellent memory ; was a very first-rate whist player. Mother-An excellent memory ; played a capital game at whist."